Camping is all about savoring the great outdoors, but let’s be honest, a hot meal after a long day of hiking is the cherry on top. But how do you achieve culinary excellence in the wilderness? That’s where the best camping griddle comes in, your best friend, and the real MVP of your camping trip. Whether it’s a stack of pancakes for breakfast or a juicy steak for dinner, a camping griddle can make it happen.
Now, imagine yourself nestled in the heart of Mother Nature, the smell of sizzling bacon wafts through the crisp mountain air. Your stomach growls, your mouth waters, but alas, you’ve forgotten your griddle. Oh, the tragedy! To avoid such a heartbreaking scenario, we’ve rounded up some of the best camping griddles for 2023.
We’re not just talking about any old griddles here. We’re talking about the crème de la crème of camping griddles. The kind that will make your fellow campers’ jaws drop in awe and stomachs rumble in envy. So, if you’re ready to take your camping cuisine to the next level – buckle up, because we’re about to embark on a culinary adventure.
So, are you ready to be the king or queen of the campfire? Then let’s dive into the world of camping griddles and discover the ones that will make your camping meals downright unforgettable.
- Royal Gourmet PD1300
- Blackstone 1666 Tabletop
- Weber 51060001 Q1200
- Coleman RoadTrip 285
- Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top
What Are the Best Camping Griddles?
Before we dive into the specifics, let’s talk about what makes a good camping griddle. Think of it as a mini kitchen away from your kitchen. It should be portable, easy to clean, and most importantly, able to withstand the rigors of the great outdoors. Choosing the right one can make the difference between a gourmet meal under the stars and a charred mess that has you reaching for the marshmallows and graham crackers.
Remember, size matters when it comes to griddles. If you’re a solo camper or a couple, a smaller griddle will do the job just fine. However, if you’re camping with a larger group or family, you’ll need a griddle with a larger cooking surface. But remember, the bigger the griddle, the more weight you’ll have to haul around. So, choose wisely!
Lastly, let’s not forget about the fuel source. Most camping griddles are propane-fueled, but you’ll need to consider the size of the gas tank. A standard 1-lb gas tank will be lighter and more portable, but it won’t last as long as a larger tank. It’s a delicate balance between portability and cooking time, but we’re confident you’ll find the perfect griddle that suits your camping style. Now, let’s dive into our top picks for the best camping griddles in 2023.
1. Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle
The Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable 3-Burner Propane Gas Grill Griddle is not your ordinary camping griddle. It’s a portable powerhouse that allows you to cook multiple foods simultaneously, thanks to its three burners.
In more detail, this griddle comes with a ceramic enamel cooktop, a feature that not only gives it a luxurious touch but also makes it easy to clean. However, the griddle’s standout feature is its weight. Weighing 30 lbs, it’s on the heavier side among portable griddles, making it more suited to weekend camping trips than long treks into the wilderness.
- Cooktop Material: Ceramic Enamel
- Number of Burners: 3
- Weight: 30 lbs
- Additional Features: Grease Collector
- The ceramic enamel cooktop is not just easy to clean but also adds a luxurious touch to your camping life.
- The three burners provide convenience, allowing you to cook different foods at the same time.
- Despite being portable, it’s heavier than most camping griddles, making it ideal for shorter trips.
|– Luxurious ceramic enamel cooktop|
– Easy to clean
– Allows cooking different foods simultaneously
|– It’s relatively heavy for a portable griddle|
2. Blackstone 1666 Tabletop Without Hood-Propane Fuelled Outdoor Grill
The Blackstone 1666 Tabletop Grill is a compact, portable propane griddle that’s perfect for campers who value portability and cooking efficiency. It stands out for its sizeable cooking surface and the fact that it uses dual H-shaped burners to create two separate temperature zones for even heat distribution.
Going into more detail, this 22-inch grill boasts a 330 sq in cooking surface, providing plenty of room to whip up meals for a large group of campers. But note that it must be installed on a tabletop or surface to be used. This could be restricting for some, but it also enhances the overall portability of the grill.
- Size: 22-inch
- Cooking Surface: 330 sq in
- Fuel: Propane
- Additional Features: Double H-shaped burners
- The considerable cooking surface allows you to cook meals for many people.
- The grill is very portable, making it easy to carry around on camping trips.
- The need to install it on a tabletop or surface could be restricting but enhances overall portability.
|– Large cooking surface|
– Very portable
– Even heat distribution
|– It has to be installed on a tabletop or surface to be used|
3. Weber 51060001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
The Weber 51060001 Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill is a compact, portable grill perfect for those who love to have a little fun with their camping gear. As a product from a well-known brand, it promises reliability and performance.
Diving deeper, this grill is not just about good looks; it’s also about functionality. It features a quick-heat option that ensures rapid cooking even under windy conditions. The Weber Q1200 is designed specifically for cooking oily or succulent foods, making it a great companion for camping trips where you plan to grill a lot.
- Brand: Weber
- Fuel: Liquid Propane
- Additional Features: Quick-heat option
- The grill is portable and comes from a well-known brand, promising durability and good performance.
- The quick-heat option ensures rapid cooking even under windy conditions.
- The Weber Q1200 is great for cooking oily or succulent foods, adding to its versatility.
– Quick-heat option
– Suitable for oily or succulent foods
|– No Pitfalls|
4. Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill
The Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Propane Grill is a compact, portable grill designed to bring the comfort of home grilling on the road. It’s a versatile grill that provides the convenience of a full-size grill in a portable package.
Going into more detail, this grill features three adjustable burners that heat up a large 285 square inch cooking surface. What sets it apart is the folding design with wheels for easy transport, making it ideal for campers who like to move around.
- Brand: Coleman
- Fuel: Propane
- Cooking Surface: 285 square inch
- The portable stand-up design with wheels makes it easy to transport, a major plus for nomadic campers.
- Three adjustable burners provide flexibility, allowing you to cook different foods at different temperatures.
- The large cooking surface is perfect for cooking meals for a group.
|– Portable stand-up design|
– Large cooking surface
– Three adjustable burners
|– Can’t find any|
5. Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station
The Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle Station is a large, high-quality griddle that’s designed to handle serious outdoor cooking. It’s a favorite among many users because of its size and quality.
Taking a closer look, this camping griddle is not just large; it’s also easy to use. The sturdy design is a standout feature, promising long-lasting performance. If you often find yourself cooking for a crowd when camping, this griddle is worth considering.
- Brand: Blackstone
- Size: 28-inch
- The large size and high-quality build make it a favorite among many users.
- The sturdy design promises long-lasting performance.
- Despite its size, it’s easy to use, making it a great choice for both novice and seasoned campers.
|– Large size|
– High-quality build
– Easy to use
– Sturdy design
What to look for when choosing a best camping griddle?
- Size and Cooking Surface: Consider the size of the griddle and its cooking surface. If you’re camping with a large group, opt for a griddle with a larger cooking surface.
- Portability: If you plan to move around a lot, choose a griddle that is lightweight and easy to transport.
- Fuel Source: Most camping griddles use propane gas. Consider the size of the gas tank and how long it will last.
- Easy to Clean: Camping can be messy. Choose a griddle with a non-stick surface or one that is easy to clean.
- Durability: Look for a griddle that is sturdy and built to last. Your griddle should be able to withstand the rigors of outdoor use.
How to use a best camping griddle?
- Set it up on a stable surface: Ensure the griddle is on level ground before you start cooking.
- Preheat the griddle: Before you add your food, let the griddle preheat for a few minutes.
- Use the right tools: Use a spatula or tongs to handle your food. Avoid using metal utensils that can scratch the surface of the griddle.z xxx
- Clean after use: After each use, clean your griddle to prevent food residue from building up.
Comparison of Products
|Product Name||Key Features||Pros||Cons|
|Royal Gourmet PD1300||Ceramic enamel cooktop, three burners, grease collector||Luxurious cooktop, easy to clean, allows cooking different foods simultaneously||Relatively heavy|
|Blackstone 1666 Tabletop||22-inch size, 330 sq in cooking surface, double H-shaped burners||Large cooking surface, very portable, even heat distribution||Needs installation on a surface|
|Weber 51060001 Q1200||Quick-heat option, suitable for oily or succulent foods||Portable, quick-heat option, suitable for oily or succulent foods||Not specified|
|Coleman RoadTrip 285||285 sq in cooking surface, three adjustable burners, portable stand-up design||Portable stand-up design, large cooking surface, three adjustable burners||Not specified|
|Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top||Large size, sturdy design||Large size, high-quality build, easy to use, sturdy design||Not specified|
And there we have it, the best camping griddles of 2023! Whether you’re a solo camper or camping with a larger group, there’s a griddle for you. Remember, the best griddle is one that fits your camping style and culinary needs. So, whether you’re flipping pancakes for breakfast or grilling steaks for dinner, make sure you have the right griddle by your side. Happy camping and bon appétit!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best fuel source for a camping griddle?
Most camping griddles use propane as their fuel source. It’s easily available, burns clean, and provides a high-heat output.
Can I use a camping griddle for indoor cooking?
While it’s possible to use a camping griddle indoors, it’s not recommended due to ventilation and safety reasons.
How do I clean my camping griddle?
After each use, clean your griddle with water, soap, and a non-abrasive cloth or sponge. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners that can scratch the surface.
Can I use a camping griddle on a tabletop?
Yes, most camping griddles are designed to be used on a stable surface like a tabletop. However, ensure the surface can withstand the heat generated by the griddle.
What can I cook on a camping griddle?
You can cook a variety of foods on a camping griddle, including pancakes, bacon, eggs, burgers, steaks, and vegetables. The possibilities are endless!
Deeba & Matt
About the Authors
Intrepid content creators and relentless hiking enthusiasts. With a passion for travel and adventure, Matt & Deeba are never one to shy away from a daring challenge.