When selecting a tent for your group or family camping trips, size is one of the essential factors to consider. After all, you want to ensure your entire tent has enough space for everyone to sleep comfortably.
But with so many different sizes and styles available, it can be tough to know where to start. If you want a tent that can fit up to eight people, here are some of the best options on the market.
In this blog post, we will review some of the best tents on the market that can accommodate up to 8 people. We will discuss the features and benefits of each one to help you decide on the right one.
Our Top Picks:
- Most durable tent: White Duck 10’ X 14′ Prota Deluxe Canvas Tent
- Best tent with a porch: Wenzel 8-Person Klondike Tent
- Most budget-friendly tent: Coleman Instant Cabin Tent
- Best overall tent: Nemo Wagontop 8
- Most reliable tent: Eureka Copper Canyon LX
Best 8 Person Tents
Nemo Wagontop 8 Tent
The Nemo Wagontop 8 tent is a massive tent with an easy setup thanks to its four poles and single-wall construction. This 8-person tent’s unique frame design allows for standing height throughout most of the interior space, making it easy to enter and exit. The cabin tent’s self-contained pole hubs boost stability, make assembly easy and give off a clean, streamlined appearance.
This freestanding tent has massively screened panoramic windows that you can open and close from the inside for the best views, ventilation, and weather protection. This roomy tent offers a vestibule space of 26.9 square feet to protect your gear, bags, and shoes from the weather elements. It also includes multiple internal pockets.
- Weight: 30 lbs. (13.6 kg)
- Packed size: 28” x 13” x 13” (71cm x 33cm x 33cm)
- Floor Space: 180” x 100” (457cm x 254 cm)
- Vestibule Area: 26.9 sqft
- Height: 80” (203 cm)
- Number of Rooms: 2
- Number of Doors: 2
- Shape: Cabin
- Best for Three-season camping
- Price: $$$
- Simple setup
- Durable floors
- Unique frame design
- Massive screened panoramic windows
- 26.9 sqft vestibule space
- 300-denier floor fabric
- Multiple pockets
- NEMO lifetime warranty
|– Has great headroom space|
– Easy to set-up
– Spacious tent with good floor and vestibule space
– Multiple mesh windows provide good ventilation
– NEMO lifetime warranty is provided
|– Too expensive|
– Single door
The Wenzel Klondike Tent is a great family camping tent for eight people with a 60-square-foot screen room. It has an interior space of 98 square feet and 6.5 feet of headroom and is ideal for small families. Its attached screen room is multi-purpose, and you can use it as a sun shelter, picnic area, gear room, or relaxing place. A full mesh roof and two cross-section windows keep bugs out and let in the breeze. You can also enjoy the ground breeze by the rear mesh vent.
Weather Armor polyester fabric with a polyurethane water-resistant covering offers protection from top to bottom. The tent’s body is constructed with double-stitched, lap-felled seams for water resistance. All threads, zippers, and webbing also have improved water-repellent coatings.
- Weight: 26 lbs. (11.8 kg)
- Packed size: 28” x 12” x 11” (71cm x 30cm x 28cm)
- Floor Space: 192” x 132” (488cm x 335cm)
- Height: 77” (196cm)
- Number of Rooms: 2
- Shape: Cabin/Dome hybrid
- Price: $$
- Convertible screen room with inverted “T” style door and inside flap-zippered windows
- Removable seam-sealed fly
- Mesh roof vents
- Two zippered side windows with inside flaps
- Shock corded fiberglass roof frame with steel uprights and corner elbows combined with pin & ring for easy setup
- Guy out vent at the back of the tent
- Two convenience pockets
- Pre-attached guy ropes for added stability
|– Affordable tent|
– Bathtub floor and sealed seams to keep the rain out of your tent
– Full mesh roof and mesh windows provide good ventilation and bugs protection
– Attached multi-purpose screen room
– Not suitable in heavy rains or strong winds.
– There is only one door
– The fabric is not strong
Coleman Instant Cabin Tent
You can quickly set up camp and return to enjoying nature with the Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent since it is ready to use in just one minute. This Coleman tent comes with poles that are already attached, making its assembly simple. The tent needs to be only unfolded, the poles extended, and secured.
These instant tents can fit two queen-size beds. The weather-resistant Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric stands up to the demands of the outdoors so you can dependably use these Coleman tents season after season. The WeatherTec system of these cabin tents includes unique welded flooring and inverted seams to ensure you stay dry whenever the weather changes. An integrated rain fly helps keep water from entering the tent. This spacious tent has space for two queen-size beds.
- Weight: 43 lbs. (19.5 kg)
- Packed size: 52” x 13” x 12” (132cm x 33cm x 30cm)
- Floor size: 168” x 120” (427cm x 305cm)
- Height: 79” (201cm)
- Rooms: 2
- Shape: Cabin
- Price: $$$
- Fits 2 queen size airbeds
- Pre-attached poles
- 2 doors
- 7 windows
- WeatherTec system
- Rugged Polyguard 2X double-thick fabric
- Steel poles
- Mesh pockets
|– Pre-attached poles|
– Fits up to 3 queen-sized air mattresses
– Three rooms
– 2 room dividers
– Fully taped factory-sealed seams
– Ten closable windows
– Three doors
– Screen room
– Rain fly
– 17 steel tent stakes
– Multiple ground vents
– Six organizer pockets for gear
– Set-up takes a little more time than other tents
– The fabric of the tent is not much durable
White Duck 10’ X 14′ Prota Deluxe Canvas Tent
The Whiteduck canvas tent is a durable tent with an easy set-up. Simply pressing down on the top bar, inserting pins, and attaching upright poles to give this canvas tent its final shape is all that is required to set this cabin tent up quickly and easily. Using 10.10 oz. of Dyna Guard, this canvas tent is insulated regardless of the weather thanks to the natural UV protection of the 100% cotton Double Fill Ring x Ring Army Duck Canvas Fabric. The long-lasting material of this cabin tent can withstand the elements for many years thanks to a mildew chemical treatment and water sitting between the cotton’s pores. The YKK zippers on this 8-person tent ensure maximum functionality, and the poles, made of galvanized steel, safeguard against corrosion.
The sunblock canvas roof of 12-oz silver coating blocks sunlight while maintaining a cooler ambient temperature than a conventional cotton tent, and its unique shock-absorbing grounding system can withstand severe weather conditions. These canvas tents have a natural hardwood rope runner for properly tightening the tent while pitching the front awning. There are four large windows and two large doors with bug mesh for excellent views, bug protection, and ventilation.
- Weight: 94 lbs
- Height: 78 in
- Floor Space: 10 x 14 (140 sq ft)
- Type: Canvas
- Style: Cabin
- Seasons: 4-Season
- Price: $$$
- Lightweight and sturdy
- Four windows with high-quality no-see-um mesh
- Two large doors
- Sunblocking canvas roof
- Double-stitched seams
- Reinforced corners
- Ample headroom
- 100% duck canvas
- YKK zippers
- 16 oz. Bathtub-style vinyl groundsheet
- Electric cable outlet
- Multiple O rings
|– Good quality tent with canvas tent fabric|
– 12 oz silver-coated roof blocks sunlight to keep the tent cool
– Highly durable with YKK zippers and 100% Duck canvas
– Mesh windows and doors provide good ventilation and bug protection
|– Too expensive than other tents|
Eureka Copper Canyon LX
The Coleman Weathermaster Tent is a 6-person camping tent with an integrated screen room which is great for sitting in and watching the outside views or keeping insects out. This camping tent does not have an air conditioner port like the other tents on the list. You can use the portable air conditioner unit through the E-port, which allows you to get the cables into the tent and set up your portable air conditioning unit with the power from the E-port.
Because of the absence of an external air conditioner port, you must remember that these camping tents are unsuitable for window ac units. Another point to remember is that the screen room is great for relaxing or storing gear, but it isn’t completely waterproof and is floorless, so you’ll be standing on whatever bare ground is underneath the tent.
- Weight: 34 lbs (15.4 kg)
- Packed size: 29” x 11” x 11” (74cm x 28cm x 28cm)
- Floor Space: 156” x 120” (396cm x 305cm)
- Height: 84” (213cm)
- Number of Rooms: 2
- Shape: Cabin
- Best for 3-season
- Price: $$$
- Quick 2-person setup
- 2 Doors
- Waterproof curtains on large mesh windows
- Good headroom
- Six storage pockets
- Two gear hammocks
- Zippered E-port
- Gear loft
|– Nearly vertical walls provide great headroom space|
– Room divider creates separate rooms for privacy
– Durable and good quality tent
– Large mesh windows provide good airflow
– 2 doors for easy entry/exit
|– No vestibule|
What’s a Good 8-person tent?
When it comes to camping, finding the perfect tent can make or break the trip. After all, nobody wants to be stuck in a cramped, stuffy tent with no room to move.
That’s why it’s important to choose a camping tent that’s spacious enough for your needs.
Here are some things to remember when selecting an 8-Person tent for your family camping trip :
– First and foremost, you’ll want to ensure that the camping tent has enough space to accommodate eight people comfortably.
Look for a tent with plenty of headroom and floor space.
– Additionally significant is the use of high-quality materials for the family camping tent. You wouldn’t want your tent to fall apart while camping!
Choose a tent made of long-lasting materials like canvas, polyester, or nylon.
– You’ll also want to ensure that the camping tent has plenty of ventilation.
Look for a tent with mesh windows and doors to help keep the air flowing.
There are plenty of great options on the market. So, choose a tent that will make your life easy, whether you’re a seasoned camper or a first-time hiker.
How To Choose The Best 8-Person tent?
When choosing a tent, it is essential to consider its size, seasonality, and features. For a family or group of friends, an 8-Person tent is a great option.
There are a few things to note when choosing an 8-Person tent.
- First, consider the seasonality of the tent.
There are 3-season tents and 4-season tents. 3-season tents are best for spring, summer, and fall camping trips as they provide ventilation and protection from pests.
4-season tents are best for winter camping trips as they can withstand heavy snowfall and strong winds.
- Second, consider the size of the tent.
8-Person tents range in size from 8-10 feet across. Make sure to choose a size that comfortably fits everyone in your group.
- Third, consider the features of the tent.
Some features include rain fly, weather protection, adequate ventilation, easy set-up/pack-up, and storage space/storage pockets.
There are a few things to remember when choosing the best 8-person tent for your needs.
- First, consider the size of the tent and the amount of space you need.
If you plan on using the tent for camping, make sure it is large enough to fit all of your gear comfortably
- Second, think about the climate you will be using the tent in.
If you anticipate inclement weather, choose a tent made from windproof and waterproof tent materials.
- Finally, consider the price of the tent and compare it to similar models before making your purchase.
By keeping these factors in mind, you can be sure to find the best 8-person tent for your camping trips.
No matter what type of camping trip you plan, there is sure to be an 8-person tent out there that meets your needs! From basic models that don’t break the bank to deluxe options packed with features, this list contains something perfect for every camper’s needs.
We hope this article has been helpful and informative in your search for the perfect tent to accommodate your group! Best of luck!
About the Author
An intrepid content creator and relentless hiking enthusiast. With a passion for travel and adventure, Matt is never one to shy away from a daring challenge or a breathtaking view.